20 Ways Propane Can Help Your Business Thrive
Published on: May 22, 2023
SWVA Is Your Partner for All Your Commercial Propane Needs
When you’re in business, keeping your eye on efficiency, cost, and value is right up there with delivering a great product or service. That’s why you should know all the benefits of commercial propane. Manufacturing, construction, warehousing, agriculture, landscaping, hospitality, and a broad range of other industries all rely on commercial propane. And whether you need bulk propane for your business, or a cylinder exchange program, the experts at SWVA Gas Service can help you make the most of propane for your business or farm.
Here are 20 great reasons to use propane in your business:
Propane is Efficient, Ecofriendly and Safe
- Propane is better for the environment, and that’s more and more important to your customers.
- Compared to other heating fuels, including electricity, propane heats quickly and burns cleanly, and leaves a smaller carbon footprint.
- Propane costs on average 2.5 times less per Btu than heating with electricity, according to the U.S. Department of Energy
- Propane is nontoxic and can’t harm soil or groundwater.
- Propane has a very narrow range of flammability.
Agricultural Propane Supply and Services
- Propane is efficient for heating, and provides consistent heat ideal for warming livestock barns, hatcheries and greenhouses.
- Clean-burning propane can power much of your landscaping and agricultural equipment, from commercial mowers to irrigation engines.
- Propane flame weeders deliver effective, organic weed control.
- Propane is an ideal fuel for crop drying.
Industrial, Construction and Warehouse Needs
- Propane fueled forklifts will keep your warehouse, construction, or industrial facilities running smoothly with less downtime.
- Propane-fueled forklifts can be used outdoors in wet conditions, unlike electric-powered forklifts.
- Propane-powered forklifts will operate at 100% power as long as there’s propane in the cylinder. An electric forklift loses power as the battery drains.
- Refueling is quick and easy with replaceable cylinders and our convenient cylinder exchange service. Recharging an electric forklift takes equipment out of service for hours, slowing down operations.
- Propane-powered forklifts also handle heavy loads better and are more capable when it comes to inclines.
- Propane can be used to power a wide range of equipment, including welding equipment, asphalt heaters, concrete grinders, saws, polishers, trowels, and dust extractors, pressure washers, small cranes, water pumps, floor buffers and more.
- Propane puts less wear on equipment, keeping it out of the shop and keeping your operations running smoothly.
Hospitality & Food Service
- Professional chefs prefer gas for cooking.
- Hotels, hospitals, nursing facilities all benefit from propane for cooking, water heating and space heating, as well as for industrial washers and clothes dryers, just to name a few.
- Food trucks use propane to power mobile kitchens.
- Resorts and country clubs use propane for everything from commercial kitchens groundskeeping equipment, outdoor space heaters and firepits.
The Bottom Line
We understand that for business owners, the bottom line is always top of mind. We’re business owners, too, and that’s why SWVA Gas Service is committed to providing the same superb and attentive service to our commercial accounts as to our residential clients. Not only that, we have fair, transparent pricing so there are no surprises for you.
Contact us today for more information.