Uses for Commercial Propane
Published on: July 27, 2021
If you’re looking for a better way to power your Southwestern Virginia farm or commercial business, look no further—propane gas is the answer!
Who Uses Commercial Propane?
Propane is one of the cleanest and greenest ways to power your commercial operation. It’s one of the most versatile, too, with uses that include:
- Farm Applications: From drying crops and running coop heaters to powering irrigation systems and controlling weeds, propane can do it all for your farm or agribusiness.
- Forklift Power: Propane offers big advantages over electric and gas when it comes to powering forklifts, including less downtime, safer use, lower operating costs, fewer emissions, and easier maintenance.
- Propane-Powered Backup Generators: Severe weather is becoming more and more common, and the power outages they often bring can pose big financial risks for your business—not to mention health risks to your residents and patients. Backup propane generators can help keep your business online, your customers and patients safe, and your employees comfortable while you wait for power from the grid to return.
- Temporary & Permanent Heating: Propane-powered salamanders and propane temporary heaters will keep your workers warm and comfortable while they build your construction project. Whether you use direct or indirect fired portable heaters, propane provides clean, consistent heat, free from moisture and emissions. Propane is perfect as a long-term solution for your commercial space, too, providing a powerful, efficient, and reliable option for space and water heating.
- Commercial Cooking: Restaurants, hotels, schools, hospitals, churches and nursing homes use propane because it gives their cooks precise temperature control, high heat and consistency that helps them produce a high volume of food while maintaining high quality.
Five Key Commercial Propane Benefits
Why choose commercial propane over gas and electricity? How about these five big reasons:
- It’s Versatile: Propane can power everything from furnaces and outdoor lighting to backup power.
- It’s Efficient: Many propane-powered appliances offer AFUE ratings reaching into the high 90s!
- It’s Safe: With extremely high standards set for fuel handling and equipment construction, propane gas offers a safe, dependable option for whole-home or supplemental heating.
- It’s Eco-Friendly: Propane offers one of the best carbon profiles you’ll find among available energy sources!
- It’s Economical: Average fuel prices for propane generally fall below those of other commercial fuels.
Clean, green propane. It’s the do-anything fuel for your Southwestern Virginia business! Contact SWVA Gas Service today to learn more about commercial propane services and commercial propane deliveries across Southwestern Virginia!
From Roanoke to Christiansburg, Blacksburg to Rocky Mount, SWVA Gas Service has been providing local fuel services across the New River Valley region of Virginia to homes, farms, and businesses alike! With more than 50 years of propane experience, let us show you the difference we can make for all your propane gas needs!